Summer Youth Empowerment Program
From Korean Resource Center
The Summer Youth Empowerment Program is a 5 week program for Korean American youth. SYEP seeks to develop future community leaders and focuses on social justice issues, service projects, culture and identity. This year's SYEP will be held at an Orange County location.
The SYEP program strives to:
- Educate Korean American youth on important community issues, social justice and organizing through interactive workshops & academic lectures.
- Broaden student’s worldviews by meeting with college students, graduate students and various professionals.
- Identify & explore issues that impact student’s personal lives as well as the local and global community by reflection, discussion and readings.
- Empower youth to become agents of social change by actively participating in various hands on service projects & activities throughout the community.
- Foster creativity by engaging in cultural performing arts.
- Academic support
- Music and politics
(Previously offered digital storytelling workshops are not offered this year)
 Important Dates
SYEP 2013 will meet at the Maga Church location Wednesday, Friday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM beginning June 15th - August 9th 2013.
- June 15: Application deadline
- June 17-28: Interviews
- July 5: First day of SYEP
- August 9: Graduation of SYEP
Dates are subject to change until June