The Korean Resource Center has pioneered in multiple digital and data programmatic areas among community building organizations in Southern California. KRC ran a fully featured bilingual website since 2001, engaged voters using California VoterConnect (a California-based VAN project) and provided technical assistance to a dozen other organizations since 2006, transitioned its database to CiviCRM in 2012, and manages 400 GB of digitized photo and video library of its activities from 1992.
Currently, KRC's digital program efforts are focused on:
- Expand communication with constituents for services, organizing, and information dissemination - online and social media outreach, podcasting, mail, text and robocalls.
- Integration between KRC's in-person and online activities
- Providing a data backbone to its Civic Engagement programs
Currently, the following staff touch upon on various aspects of digital programs, data management and communications work at KRC:
- Lisa Pei Lan Liu, Data & Development Associate
- J.P. (Jonathan Paik), Orange County Director
- Ashley Yu, Communications and Development Manager
- Yongho Kim, Director of Digital
We thank the following partners, funders and open source sofware projects for providing KRC with the opportunity to leap ahead in digital: