SB 75 MEDI-CAL EXPANSION: MEDI-CAL FULL SCOPE FOR ALL CHILDREN, 19 YEARS OLD, and UNDER
- It is Health Coverage for all California Children
- Any low-income children, regardless of immigration status, may be eligible for Medi-Cal.
- This is a California specific law, signed by Governor Brown, in effect now.
BEFORE: same children were only eligible for Restricted (aka Emergency) Medi-Cal
- regardless ofimmigration status, if a child is 19 and under, and low-income, she/he is eligible for Full Scope Medi-Cal.
- Access to preventive services is the key. ALL children in California will grow up to have healthy futures.
- Our children's health cannot wait. Every child should have access to regular doctor check-ups and preventive services in order to stay healthy.
- Free to low cost, all children in California will have access to health care:
- expanded medical and emergency care,
- dental services
- vision and lens services,
- hospital care,
- Laboratory tests
- Mental Health
This is a great opportunity for undocumented children to get their health care they deserve.
YOUR INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL
Any personal information used to enroll is strictly confidential. It will never be shared with immigration enforcement. It will not affect your immigration status later on.
YOU MAY NEED to bring:
- Proof of Identity (Photo ID etc)
- Proof of Income (current pay stub, bank statement)
- Child's birth certificate (or Green Card if applicable)
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, cable, phone, DWP)
- Medi-Cal card, if applicable
UNDOCUMENTED CHILDREN ARE ELIGIBLE
- Children and youth younger than 19, family income guidelines
- For example:
- Family of 4 : $64,505, annual income ( $5,375 per month, gross income)
- Family of 5 ; $83,730, annual income ( $6,978 per month, gross income)
(For those paying families, monthly premiums are $13 per child up to a maximum of $39 per month.)