KRC is focusing on community education to ensure the information available in the community is not biased or distorted against homeless housing. There are various ways to join:
- Write an op-ed to get it published in the Korean American newspapers! You don't have to speak Korean - we will translate your piece!
- Sign our petition form! (There is also a Change.org petition set up by someone in the community)
- Post your message of support on Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #ShelterKtown
- Contact us to express your support! (323-937-3718 #0, question [at] krcla.org)
We are exploring more avenues to gather the public energy on the issue.
Ktown for All is a group of young Korean Americans, Asian Americans and community members from the area who were already active in support before KRC had started official involvement on May 9th. The group is organizing weekly outreach activities for homeless people in the neighborhood!
The agenda item on building the site passed the Homelessness and Poverty Committee on May 22. We will share the full council hearing date as we find out (likely to be some time in June) - please join us at the hearing!
The City of LA is having a hearing on the K-Town homeless housing site on May 22nd Tuesday. Please join us and raise your voices for justice!
LA City Homelessness and Poverty Committee
- Date: May 22 (Tuesday) 8:30 AM
- Location LA City Hall (200 N Spring St, LA CA 90012) - John Ferraro Council Chamber, Room 340
- Agenda Item: CF No. 18-0392 (Third item): Motion (Wesson - Harris-Dawson) relative to an evaluation of the City-owned Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) Parking Lot located at 682 South Vermont Avenue (Lot 691) to determine if the property is suitable for development as a crisis and bridge housing facility. (Full agenda)
Need Korean interpretation? Please find Yongho Kim at KRC
Questions: 323-937-3718 #0, question [at] krcla.org